Weekend Sobriety Tips
You shouldn’t dread the weekends just because you’re trying to remain sober. Instead, follow these weekend sobriety suggestions to enjoy yourself without jeopardizing your sobriety.
1. Avoid Triggering Environments
Avoid places that could trigger cravings, such as pubs, clubs, or your friend’s house where you used to preload, especially right after alcoholic addiction treatment. It’s perfectly acceptable to decline an invitation to a birthday brunch hosted by a buddy if you’re not sure you’ll be able to handle it. This may mean skipping some occasions, but your sobriety should come first. Remember that, unlike your pals, you’re avoiding the numerous drawbacks of alcohol consumption, including the terrible hangover the next day.
2. Make Friends with Sober Persons
Spending the weekend with the right people is the most effective way of staying sober. You’ll want to stay away from your pre-rehab drinking companions, who are most likely planning a weekend of drinking. Make plans with others who will help you maintain your sobriety instead. Our rehab alumni program can also help you connect with other sober people in your area and learn about their friends.
3. Leave Whenever You Feel Uncomfortable
It’s important to remember that your sobriety comes first, therefore it’s fine to leave if you’re feeling triggered. You must look after yourself, which may entail doing what is best for you and your sobriety even if others disagree.
Consider These Sober Weekend Activities
How to spend a clean weekend is not a “one-size-fits-all” situation. Some people prefer a weekend jam-packed with activities, while others prefer to relax and unwind. Allow yourself time to come up with a strategy that works for you. Consider the following activities:
- Visit a farmer’s market in your neighborhood. Purchase fresh ingredients and prepare a delectable lunch for a small group of friends.
- Contact a friend or family member. Make plans to see someone you haven’t seen in a long, such as a friend or family member.
- Treat yourself to something special. Spend money on a professional massage if your budget permits. If your budget is tight, try one of the many DIY spa treatments available on the internet.
- Go to a coffee shop in your neighborhood. Poem readings, live music, and other weekend events are common at locally owned coffee shops.
- Visit your hometown as a tourist. Examine all of the unfamiliar local landmarks. Take a lot of photos and get something fun to remember your trip by.
- Go on a picnic with your friends and family. Try stargazing in your lawn or eating your supper at a nearby park.
- Self-esteem and appreciation are boosted when you assist others. Volunteers are always needed by community non-profit organizations of all kinds.
- Schedule a movie night with your friends. You can either meet up with pals in person or organize a virtual viewing party.
- Get in a good workout. Endorphins are released when you exercise, and coming to the gym allows you to meet new people.
We’re Here to Assist You at Any Time.
At Mallard Lake Detox Center we’re committed to your success. To learn more about how we may assist you in achieving your recovery objectives, please contact us immediately.