In a city like Singapore, where property values are skyrocketing, it’s not surprising to see more and more people moving into smaller living spaces as a result. But just because you have a small home, doesn’t mean that you can’t have a great-looking home. With excellent interior design, even small spaces can shine.
What is interior design?
Interior design is the practice of creating homes, buildings, and other areas into spaces with the goal of enhancing them to become more aesthetically pleasing, functional, and more livable for their inhabitants. Interior design comes in many different shapes and styles, and each interior design project can differ greatly from the last.
There is a surprising number of people who still view interior design as the realm of the rich, but in today’s day and age, interior designers have become a cornerstone of society. We see the effects of interior design from homes to public places like airports and lobbies, to even retail establishments, restaurants, and more.
Condominiums are no different. Though your space may be more limited, interior design can help you in more ways than just letting you have a pretty living space. Instead, you can take note of many interior designer tips and secrets for some space-saving techniques that can help you get the most out of your condominium space.
So what are you waiting for? It’s time to find an interior design firm in Singapore that will help you do the job.
How to find the best interior designer for your condo
In Singapore alone, there are dozens of designers, specialists, and companies that can help you out. But just because there are many of them, doesn’t necessarily mean that they are all appropriate for the condo design that you have in mind. Their services may also not be up to par with what you want from the interior design company.
Here are just a few good tips on searching for the best interior designer for your condo.
- Start your search by checking multiple sources. Don’t settle for a convenient or cheap find, because your home design will likely stay with you for years. Check the internet and magazines dedicated to condo living, as you will likely get good recommendations there.
- When you’ve narrowed down your finds, look or ask for a portfolio. It’s always a good idea to know what you’re looking for. Many interior designers specialise in certain interior design styles and they may not appeal to you. Browse through their portfolio of past projects they’ve done and check out the reviews that other clients have given them.
- As soon as you’ve narrowed down your finalists, schedule appointments. Don’t be afraid to schedule a face-to-face meeting with the people you want to hire. You will not only get a sense of their work ethic but also their aesthetics, what sets them apart from the other interior designers, and more important information you need to make your decision.
Some tips to help you get started with your condo interior design
Once you’ve figured out who among your choices is the best interior design team or specialist, you should be hands-on with your projects to ensure that you are gifted with a result you are satisfied with. Communicate extensively with your interior designer so you can figure out any additions or changes you want to make, how far along is your project progress, and more. Check out these helpful tips for designing your new condo.
- Don’t skip out on the curtains. You’re going to need all the privacy you can get when you’re living in a condominium unit. Condos allow you some measure of privacy by covering your windows. They are also great for cooling off your home. You might want to invest in some good quality curtains because they can add a splash of beauty to your rooms as well.
- Consider using multi-purpose furniture. Have limited space? No problem. When shopping for furniture, be smart and look for some multi-purpose ones to conserve space. Sofa beds are popular finds, as well as desks and tables that can double as study areas or eating areas.
- Go for an open floor plan. Most condos don’t have many room dividers for good reason. This is to make the space look less cramped and also facilitates better movement and flow. Try checking out a few great open floor plans for condo units.
Starry Homestead is a company specialising in home interior design in Singapore. Contact us to know more about what we can do for you.