Right after taking a vacation in Singapore, for sure, you have fallen in love with its beauty. Here, you would notice how less traffic it is compared to other cities in the world. Moreover, you would not have to worry too much about your safety since it has the lowest criminality rate. According to the BBC, there were times that no crimes have happened for 80 consecutive days. That alone is enough to make you want to live and become a permanent resident in Singapore. Well, perhaps, start a family of your own. Nevertheless, to become one, you would need to apply for PR in Singapore. Here, let us show you the details on what you need to know.
How Can You Become A Permanent Resident in Singapore?
Are You Qualified Enough to Apply for PR in Singapore?
- Married to Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Unmarried Child that is Under 21 years old of Singapore Citizen
- Has an Employment Pass or an S Pass Holder
- Foreigner Investor Under GIP
- Foreign Exchange Student
What Are the Documents You Need to Submit?
- Birth Certificate
- Payslips for the last six months
- IRAS Consent Form
- Marriage Certificate (If you are married at the moment)
- Death Certificate of Your Spouse (If you had one before)
- Form 4 A: Online Application Form and Annex A (If your employer does not want to fill this up, you can proceed with your application)
- Title Deed of the Property You Owned in Singapore
- A Copy of Your Latest CV of Resume
- Submit All Employment Appointment, Performance Evaluation, and Recommendation letters.
- List of Your Education and Employment History
- A Copy of Your Diploma
- Details of your family regardless of whether you include them in your PR application.
- Create a copy of each document (Be sure to scan all of it so you can submit all online).
- All files written in other languages should be in UK English.
- Make sure not to make any mistakes. Otherwise, your PR application will be invalid.
- Be sure all documents are up-to-date.
What Is the Process of PR Application?
Ever since December 2017, all PR applicants in Singapore must submit their PR application online. If you are one of the applicants, you need to send through the electronic permanent residence system. According to ICA, they would no longer accept hardcopy applications. Therefore, if you really become a PR in Singapore, apply for PR online. Here, even foreigners abroad could submit their application and become a permanent resident. However, all applicants must meet at least one of the eligibility criteria to make their application valid.
How Much Do You Need to Pay for a PR Application?
Before you submit your PR application in Singapore, you have to pay for the application fee, and that would cost you 100 Singapore dollars. Also, you need to pay another one, once you become a successful applicant, and that would cost you 20 Singapore dollars.
All in all, your PR application would cost you 120 Singapore dollars. However, you might need to pay for more if you still do not have all the required documents with you.
As for the mode of payment, you could either pay these fees through the following:
- Visa or MasterCard Credit
- Debit Card
- American Express (AMEX) Credit Card
- Internet Direct Debit (e.g. UOB, Standard Chartered Bank, Citibank Internet Banking)
Also, remember that the fees you paid for are non-refundable. Therefore, you would not be able to get it back once you submit your PR application in Singapore.
What Do You Have To Do After Getting PR Approval?
First things first, congratulations! Your PR application in Singaporegot approved. However, there are more steps you need to do before you can relax and have some fun. Right after you receive the PR approval, you would need to go to the ICA office within two months. This visit is for formality that they allowed you to become a permanent resident in Singapore. However, before visiting them, you would need to gather these following documents:
- The PR approval letter you received from ICA office
- All of your travel documents.
- Two copies of passport-size photographs.
- Your employment pass (if you have one)
- The permit of your dependent (if you have any child or aged parent)
- Result of your medical examination, including your family (if they are applying for PR)
- If you are an employee in Singapore, your boss needs to complete filling up the Form EP 152.
- Payment receipt for your ID card registration. (You would see the amount on the approval letter itself)
Right after your ICA office visit, make sure you have these following items with you:
- PR Certificate
- Re-entry stamp in your passport (keep it safe since you would need it after five years)
Do You Need Help With Your PR Application in Singapore?
If yes, then do not hesitate to seek help. Ask a PR application agency in Singapore since they know better what you need to do to make your PR application run smoothly. Just in case you didn’t know anyone yet, you can seek help from Singapore Top Immigration. They are a PR application agency that you can trust. They can help become a permanent resident in Singapore in no time!
So, what are you waiting for? Let Singapore Top Immigration help you since they already helped thousands of applicants before you. All you need to do is give them a call and let them know what kind of help you need them to resolve.
Did you find this article helpful? If yes, then why don’t you share it with your family and friends who also want to submit their PR application in Singapore. So, make sure to give them a favour and share this article with them.