With technological advancements, medicine has grown to the next level, and a lot of instruments have been invented to make things easier for you. Blood oximetry refers to the amount of oxygen present in your blood. You can now easily measure the pulse oximetry at home. No need to rush to the clinic or hospital for a simple thing. The devices are known as pulse oximeters. They allow you to calculate the oxygen level in the blood running through your arteries.
How to use a blood oximeter?
All the technologies are being constantly updated, and a lot of ease has been introduced to the life of a common man and all these devices have a guide to help you with the use of them, but still, people cannot understand it sometimes. Here is a simple list of steps you can follow and use the oximeters without any hassles.
- Turn on the pulse oximeter, and a light will blink to let you know that the device is good to go.
- Place your finger in the clip like sensor keeping the sensor screen above the nail. Do not show movements while you are doing this as it may result in reduced accuracy.
- Wait for a while for the results. This may take 10 seconds more depending upon the condition of your device.
- Check the display for your answer. You might see a heart or a pulsing light. Some devices come with a small beep sound too.
What are the perks of using a pulse oximeter?
There are several devices that can be used for the purpose, but the best choice would be to buy ds100a. The device was made to ensure your arterial blood oxygen level, but it comes with a lot of more benefits too.
- It can warn you for low oxygen level in the blood either in adults or newborns.
- It will let you know if you need any oxygen supplements.
- People with any cardiac disorders will have peace of mind.